Please read the information below; scroll down to complete the online scholarship application and submit applicable documents.
The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide a one-time award of $1,000 to eight high school seniors who will be attending their first year of college. Recipients will be selected from public high schools throughout Louisiana.
Recipients of the LASAFAP scholarship award will be selected by the LASAFAP Scholarship Committee.
Winners of the LASAFAP scholarship will be selected based upon the following criteria:
• Official high school transcript from fall semester 2022 (20 points)
• Extracurricular activities/leadership roles within the community and/or church (20 points)
• Three letters of recommendation – one each from the candidate’s principal (or assistant principal), a previous or current teacher, and one from a community representative (30 points)
• Financial need as described in a one page double-spaced narrative (20 points)
• A one page essay outlining the candidate’s future goals and ambitions (10 points)
The scholarship will be made in full payable to the student. It is the responsibility of each scholarship recipient to present verification of enrollment and a tuition invoice from the institution to the Scholarship Chairperson. The scholarship will be disbursed when the chairperson receives the required above mentioned documentation.
The student’s application and companion forms must be submitted online by Friday, January 13, 2023.
EMAIL APPLICATION FORM
If you prefer to fill out a hard copy of the application and email it in, please click on one of the links below to download and print the scholarship application. After completing the application, simply scan it and email it with all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place "LASAFAP Scholarship" in the subject line.
Scholarship Application (Word document)
Scholarship Application (PDF)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can't see the online application below, please print out the application by clicking on one of the links above, fill it out, and mail it in to the address on the application.
Fill Out the Application Below